App Privacy Statement.
Last updated: June 2023
We are committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the security of any personal information you provide to us.
Unless we expressly agree otherwise, any personal information you provide to us, whether via the RD Petroleum app (RDP App) or otherwise, will be processed by us in accordance with this policy and all applicable privacy laws, including the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ) (Privacy Act).
In this policy, we, us, and our, refer to RD Petroleum Limited. For more information about us, please see the “Contact us” section below.
This policy explains:
- when we might collect personal information from you, and how we might collect that information;
- how we may use your personal information;
- how we will store your personal information;
- your rights to request access to and correction of your personal information; and
- how you can contact us if you have any other questions regarding our processing of your personal information.
In this policy, personal information means identifiable information about you, for example your name, email, address, phone number, etc. If you cannot be identified (for example, when personal information has been aggregated and anonymised) then certain parts of this policy may not apply to that information.
When and how we may collect your personal information
When you sign up to and use the RDP App the information you may be asked to provide us include:
- information allowing us to get in touch with you. This contact data may include your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, and/or communication preferences.
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or that we send to you.
- information relating to transactions, including your purchases of goods and/or services, from us. The transaction data may include your payment card details or other payment and transaction details.
- data about your use of the RD Petroleum app.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, then we may be unable to provide you with access to some of our services and some functions and features on the RDP App may not be available to you.
How we use your personal information
We will primarily use your personal information to provide you with any goods and/or services you have requested through the RDP App and to support our relationship with you.
We may also use your personal information:
- to provide our services, provide you with information in respect of our services, generate invoices and other payment–related documentation;
- to operate, improve and enhance the RDP App and our services. We may analyse the use of the RDP App or services to ensure the RDP App and services are provided in the most effective manner for you;
- to support your use of our goods and/or services, this may include assisting with the resolution of product issues or other issues relating to RDP App, whether by email or otherwise;
- to monitor, respond to and/or keep records of our e–mail communications and other correspondence with you;
- in order to comply with any applicable laws and/or regulations or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
How we may share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who assist and enable us to use your personal information to deliver our services to you.
How do we protect your information?
We continuously implement and update our administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorised access, loss, destruction, or alteration.
We are committed to keeping your personal information as safe and secure as possible and we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us.
How long to do we keep your information?
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy.
Under the Privacy Act, you have certain rights in connection with your personal information, including rights to request access to, and correction of, your personal information.
These rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions as set out in the Privacy Act.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
We may need to update this policy from time to time, including when necessary to reflect changes to the RDP App, updates to our services or to reflect any change in law.
When we update this policy, we will revise the “Last updated” at the top of this policy. Where the changes are material, we will use reasonable endeavours notify you – usually by prominently posting a notice of those changes on the RDP app or by sending you an email.